Every reason for praise - Ephesians 1:15-23
This is a sermon by Melvin Tinker from the evening service on 28th January 2018.
Click here to read the bible passage.
Every Reason to Praise
- God’s frozen people - The case of Sir John Franklin
Preparedness is related to prayerfulness
- The motivation for prayer - the miracle of salvation, vv15-16
The reason for this prayer and praise is what has gone before-their salvation which has engaged the Triune God (3-14).
“No one thinks how much blood it costs.”
2 reasons for confidence in prayer - their faith in Christ and their love for Christians - hallmarks of true conversion.
- The content of prayer - the fruit of salvation, vv 17-23.
A prayer for ‘knowledge’, that recognition of what is true of ourselves now that we are Christians.
A Threefold Focus:
- A person – the ‘Father of glory’
This knowledge is a result of the personal work of the Holy Spirit.
- A privilege - the ‘eyes of our hearts’ to be opened so we might be aware of our hope and that we are God’s inheritance.
- A power
How can we be sure we will make it to the end? Because of the incomparable power - v19
3 related events which demonstrate such power which is now available
Christ’s resurrection, exaltation and dominion.
‘You have given so much to me. Give me one thing more – a grateful heart.’-George Herbert
There is no charge for our audio recordings, but if you'd like to help with our costs, please make a donation.
Copyright information: The recordings are copyright and are available for personal use only. If you wish to use them in other ways, please contact us for permission.